SQF Level 3 Certification
White Oak Frozen Foods is proud to announce our SQF Level 3 Certification!
What is SQF?
The following content is directly from the SQF Institute Website:
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) is a food safety certification scheme. The SQF Food Safety Management System is designed to provide organizations with a rigorous system to manage food safety risks, provide safe product and provide organizations with a recognized food safety certification.
- The SQF Program offers many unique features that ensure trust and consistency in the auditing process and greater oversight of auditing activities conducted by companies and individuals operating on behalf of the SQF Institute.
- SQF is the only program, recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) that is headquartered outside of Europe.
- SQFI provides complimentary copies of the SQF codes and free, comprehensive practical guidance to assist in the implementation of SQF systems.
- SQF is the only GFSI recognized standard that provides a separate, unique approach to incorporating a Quality certification component.
- Improves process management by helping to proactively identify and manage risk so as to avoid stock recoveries, market withdrawals and rework.
- SQF offers comprehensive and consistent training that upholds the integrity of the Program.
SQF Certification Levels
There are three levels of certification for the SQF standard.
- Level 1 is mainly for low risk products and it incorporates fundamental food safety controls.
- Level 2 is a certified HACCP food safety plan that is benchmarked by GFSI.
- Level 3 is a comprehensive implementation of safety and quality management systems that incorporates Level 2. In many cases, a supplier’s customer has already designated a minimum level of certification.