White Oak Frozen Foods, a division of Cascade Specialties, Inc. and part of the Jain America family, is a manufacturer & supplier of conventional & organic Natural & Fire Roasted Reduced Moisture frozen vegetables. Our unique process reduces moisture of freshly prepared vegetables by 30 - 50% to control syneresis and weepage when thawed or heated. This process also includes an HT/ST (High Temperature/Short Time) microbiological system that guarantees a pathogen free product. Compared to traditional IQF Vegetables our Reduced Moisture Frozen Vegetables:
Have Higher Piece Counts. Less water means higher vegetable solids, resulting in more pieces per pound - better value - saves space - less weight.
More Intense Flavor & Color. The 30 - 50% increase in vegetable solids results in products with brighter color and concentrated flavor.
Consistent Quality. Control of raw material thru all process steps - including White Oak’s proprietary SHS micro control unit - assures consistant year round quality and safety.
- Free moisture is eliminated.
- Little or no product shrinkage.
- Smaller and fewer ice crystals
- Minimal damage to cell structure benefits:
- Improved Functionality
- Better texture, color and flavor
- Improved piece identity
- Remove free water transfer in formulas and finished products
- Processing ease avoids:
- Less fusion of pieces during freeze-thaw cycles
- Peeling, trimming, or waste issues
- Bottom line cost savings by:
- Lower freight, storage, and handling costs
- Higher piece count per pound